More About Our Company
BHS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
BHS International was incorporated on 20th October, 1996 as a Tourism and infrastructural Development specialist in Nigeria.
The company won the concession for TafawaBalewa Square, Lagos, in 2008 with the vision to transform the complex into a world class city centre.
The present TafawaBalewa Square of about 14.5 hectares of land is located at Lagos Island formerly Race Course. It is situated in between the Lagos state High Court, King’s College, Lagos Lawn Tennis Club, Independence Building, former Cabinet and Senate buildings, Muson Centre, City Mall and hold a historical significance being the place where the historical Union Jack Flag was lowered for Nigeria Green White Green in 1960.
1. Project Brief
The overall concept of this project is to provide for socio-economic development as done worldwide.
i. Renovation and expansion of the current 375 shops/offices complex: to provide modern shopping complex that compares favorably with internationals standards.
ii. Provision of automated pre-fabricated two (2) level underground car parks of about 10,000 spaces under the existing parade ground.
iii. Provision of two (2) level underground car parking under the existing parking to the rear.
iv. Provision of huge Shopping Mall of about 1,500 shopping/office spaces.
v. Provision of 5 star hotels with all tourism and entertainment potentials: this would create accommodation and all that would measure up to world standards for high brow customers.
vi. Construction of 1,500 capacity Auditorium.
vii. Construction of office complex.
viii. Construction of Events hall with Restaurants and snack bars.
ix. Construction of Observatory Towers.
These projects are start immediately.
The overall concept is designed in line with “Sandston City” in South Africa and the “Trade Centre” in Dubai, as a centre-point for tourism, sports entertainment with commerce.
2. The Principal amount required is Fifty Million Dollars ($50). The main purpose is for the execution of all the proposed projects mentioned in (1).
3. Information about BHS International Limited
BHS international was incorporated on 20th October, 1996 as a Tourism and Infrastructural Development specialist in Nigeria.
The company won the concession for Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos, in 2008 with the vision to transform the complex into a world class city centre.
The company is managed through the Board of Directors which include:
- Hon. Justice Karibi-Whyte (JSC rtd, CON, CFR) – Chairman. He is a retired Judge of the Supreme Court and Pro-chancellor of university of Science and Technology, Port-Harcourt.
- Her Royal Highness EreluAbiolaDosumu (OFR) Vice Chairman, She is a good Business Tycoon both locally and internationally.
- Madam Ama D. Archibong – Executive Director. She is an experienced Retired Civil Servant/Teacher.
- Mrs. VictorialArchibong – Executive Director. She is a retired Banker with over 20 years experience in Finance and Administration.
- OtunbaOluAdenodi (LLB (Hons); B.L, AMNIM) CEO/Executive Director. He is a well experienced Barrister at Law with over 25years experience. He also practices as an Investment Attorney and he is the Principal of OluAdenodi& Co.
- Pharmacist Peter Laurel – Director.
The Board of Directors are supported by a versatile Management Team to keep the company going.
The company is made of six (6) departments namely:
- Admin & Account
- Event & Marketing
- Letting & Collection
- Facilities management
- Corporate Communications/HR and Security.
The company presently manages a complex comprising of:
- v 375 Offices and enclosed lettable spaces occupied by Banks, Law Firms, Travels Agencies, Medical Laboratories, Estate Surveyors & Property Firms, Media & Communication out fits, Botanical Gardens, Insurance Broking Firms, Security & Stock Broken Firms, Nursery/Primary School, Sports shops and host of other businesses and support services.
- v 36,000 Square meters Arena with a sitting capacity of 50,000 to 70,000 suitable for various events such as Trade fairs/Exhibitions, Concerts, Wedding Receptions, Parties, Political Rallies, Carnivals, Religious Gathering etc.
- v Multi – Purpose Hall with a sitting capacity of 600 – 800 for events like Indoor exhibitions, Seminars, and other social functions.
- v Outdoor and Indoor Advertising window.
- v Car park spaces.
To further raise the edifice to the world standard, the development projects mentioned above have to be put in place. It is for this purpose that the organization intends to engage competent internationalorganisations to raise funds to execute the projects.
4. Work Done on the Project so far
In addition to maintenance of the present structure of the complex, the following are being done pending the time funds will be made available to execute the projects.
- Licensed land surveyor was engaged for the preparation of comprehensive perimeter and topographic survey plans of the entire complex.
- Detailed site study was carried out taking notice of the relationship of the existing buildings to be retained and those to be demolished and give way for the new physical developments.
- Preparation of the detailed design brief for the development.
- Preparation of schematic site development plan showing the new proposal as integral part of the existing buildings to be retained.
- Preparation of schematic architectural design concepts for all the building types as integral part of the building to be retained.
- Preparation of the schematic civil/structural engineering design concepts for all the building types as integral part of the buildings to retained.
- Preparation of the schematic electro-mechanical engineering design concept for all the building types as integral of the buildings to be retained.
- Preparation of feasibility/viability study reports.
- Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
- Construction of electrically controlled model.